Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harlingen and Beach Bumming

Violet and I went to Harlingen last week! So sorry for my short blogging hiatus (I know you all missed the updates!), but we had some great time with family! I am blessed to have a wonderful family in a wonderful part of Texas!! We got to enjoy some fab Mexican food and some time in the sun!! Two things that refresh the soul :)

Here is Violet watching Elmo on the plane ride down... let me just tell you that I think this portable DVD player is one of the best things I have ever bought (aside for the rad iphone that Carter got me for our anniv... I took all my pics and video with it this trip...handy dandy people!!) Anyway, you can see she still hearts Elmo very very much!

Violet just loooooves her big cousins, Grant and Will. It was so sweet to see how careful and caring they were with Violet. She is blessed with lots of great cousins.

Dinner for two :)

We all had a fun time pushing the two babies around Nonny's house in the stroller. Luke is always full of smiles and his face just lights up when he is with his brothers. So sweet!

Nonny and Violet had fun "jumping" on the bed to the "music" on one of Violet's books. It gave us all a good laugh :)

Brownsville has the coolest Children's Museum. Thanks for suggesting it, Auntie! Here are a few pics from our few hours there. Here is Luke by the "fountain".

Violet absolutely loved being able to play with the pots and pans! She goes after the real ones in our kitchen all the time, so this was heaven for her!!! I think I know what she will be getting for her next Christmas now!

Having fun with the plates and cups :) There was even fake food and a booth to serve it!

Okay, not only does she love the kitchen.... but she also loves the farm! She kept going back over to this John Deere lawnmower and saying "up"...so cute!

Time to hit the beach!... No, wait, just the pool to start out with. At first the beach, waves, and sand were a little overwhelming for Violet, so we mostly played in the pool the first day. I don't blame her really... that sand is sticky!

She played DJ instead :)

Here's our sweet Auntie and our adorable and very smiley little Luke!!

Two of the best lookin' boys on the beach right here, folks!

Okay, next day with crocs on her feet she braved the sand and found out that it was pretty fun after all! Brave girl :)

We even found some shells (which Violet can now say and it sounds so cute!) for Daddy!

Violet and Luke had a ball with the shovels and pails.

Violet helping Luke out with a sip of water. They are good buds now... despite a little hair pulling and some hitting! Kisses galore with these two :)

On a walk with the Lowery boys. Here you see a good example of how both Will and Grant are with Violet. Always helping her and wanting to take care of her. She has two big brothers in these two :)

What a good lookin group :)

YEY!! Back home with Daddy. The smiles on both of their faces was priceless. It's good to be away and with family, but it's wonderful to reunite with Carter.

Thank you Mom and Dad, Jenn and Chris and the boys!! We had a wonderful stay with you all and look forward to seeing you all again soon! XOXO

1 comment:

Lowerys said...

Thanks for posting! I only got like one or two good pics with everything going on!
Kisses! Auntie