This post has been halfway finished sitting in my drafts for a while now and I really should just post it! Violet's 5th birthday party was so great! Have I ever mentioned how being her mom is the greatest gift in the world... she and Weston just light up my days!
What a complete joy it is for me to live life with these two... watching them grow, remembering what it was like for me to grow... being the mommy who gets to relish in all the little words said wrong, all the dress up days, the high chair crumbs, the blocks, the dolls, the strings lowering one shoe down from upstairs, the messy hair, the fevers, the coughs, the new words said!!, pushing on the swings, pushing in the cart, pushing in the stroller, running through the grass, opening the ziploc, snapping the carseat, tying the shoes, doctoring the earrings, hanging up the clothes, picking out the clothes, packing up the lunch, getting out the cups, making the crafts, saving the crafts....
wow, i am blessed. i get to do all the little things for them right now. they need me and i need them :) that's love!!
So, with that said, Violet turned 5 last month!! I still don't really believe it. I just pretend she's still 4 until I have to tell someone how old she really is... or, until she tells them how old she is. I love my girl more than words can tell and we had SO MUCH FUN celebrating her!!
....Violet has been planning her 5th birthday party since the day after she
turned 4 :) She went back and forth, here and there, over and under
almost every option there was. I love how she really thinks through making decisions. She really gives it a lot of thought and then she always picks out the perfect thing... whether we are talking about a new clips or birthday parties. I used to try and rush her to a decision but I have learned she needs time. Anyhow, she finally landed on a fairy party at home :)
And oh my goodness gracious, how many adorable ideas there are on
pinterest!!! I just LOVE being able to get ideas from pinterest and not
have to reinvent the wheel with every birthday.
So here is Violet's party in pictures..... enjoy!
my sweet fairy darling!!
my best girl since the 3rd grade came to help hot glue and entertain :)
Pops kept the marshmallows coming so brother sat content for a good while :)
No comments:
Post a Comment